10 Charts That Will Challenge Your Perspective Of IoT’s Growth
- By 2020, Discrete Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics and Utilities industries are projected to spend $40B each on IoT platforms, systems, and services.
- McKinsey predicts the IoT market will be worth $581B for ICT-based spend alone by 2020, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) between 7 and 15%.
- Industrial products lead all industries in IoT adoption at 45% with an additional 22% planning to adopt IoT in the next 12 months according to a recent Forrester survey.
Realizing the Internet of Thing’s (IoT) potential to reduce costs and enable new business models needs to start with a platform perspective that includes app development and integration. IoT is one of the most-researched emerging markets globally, with a specific focus on how Cloud Services and APIs will enable a faster proliferation of applications and the marketplaces that offer them. APIs will enable IoT projects to succeed faster and with greater accuracy by enabling more real-time integration points between systems. High-speed wireless networks are a key growth catalyst for IoT, which is why Samsung, Qualcomm, LG, Huawei, and Intel all are vying to establish product leadership with patents. These top five patent holders together control over 13,300 IoT patents today. The following ten charts provide insights into IoT’s explosive growth:
Click here to read the full article
Latest posts by Charlotte Marek (see all)
- LYFT WILL PAY YOU TO DITCH YOUR CAR. WILL IT WORK? - 28 September 2018
- INSIDE THE SECRET CONFERENCE PLOTTING TO LAUNCH FLYING CARS - 28 September 2018
- HOW ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE COULD PREVENT NATURAL DISASTERS - 28 September 2018